Aug 25, 2019 | Nika Spaulding
Preaching Grace and Doing Justice - Part 2
Scripture passage is Acts 1:1-11.
Sermon Discussion Questions
- What kind of power does God entrust his disciples with? What about us?
- How does the beginning of the church in Acts instruct us in what we should do today?
- What does the story of Ananias and Sapphira show us?
- “Grace and justice are scandalous in a world hungry for power.” Where do you see this in your own heart and mind? How about the world around you?
- If preaching grace is limited by the way we do justice, we have a problem. Why?
- How does Paul preach grace and do justice? Talk about the stories we see in scripture and what you have learned from him.
- What is God moving you to do in light of this sermon series? How is he asking you to preach grace and do justice?
- Nika discussed humility, prayer, and radical hospitality. How are you doing in these areas? How can your home group hold you accountable?